Date(s) - 14/11/2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Nexus Business Space
‘We’re all marketers now’
Marketing is (or should be) at the heart of an organisation’s revenue generating activities, influencing and being influenced by every aspect of the business. In high performing organisations marketing is no longer the domain of just the marketing team; it’s the responsibility of everyone in the business. So, an understanding of marketing is an essential skill for anyone leading, or aspiring to lead, other areas of the organisation. To quote management consultants McKinsey: “We’re all marketers now.”
Who should attend?
Board members, chief executives, managing directors and non-executive directors from all sectors and sizes of organisation, as well as charity trustees, who want to understand the marketing function, ensure marketing strategy is aligned with business strategy, think critically about the role of marketing in their organisation, challenge constructively, and use marketing to improve overall business performance.
What will you learn?
- The board’s role in determining, implementing and monitoring marketing strategy.
- What questions board members should be asking the marketing team.
- What to expect of a good marketing team.
- What the marketing team needs from the board.
- Key concepts in marketing and what determines a customer-oriented business.
- The importance of a clear purpose (vision, mission and values) and effective strategic thinking.
- Market research techniques to understand customers and generate insight.
- Tools for customer segmentation and targeting, branding and competitive positioning.
- The structure of a strategic marketing plan, the process and tools required to develop it, and how to critique it.
- The elements of the marketing mix, the different promotional and communications options available and how to select between them.
- How to measure and evaluate marketing progress and effectiveness.
David Wallace MA (Hons) MBA FCIM, Director, Wallace Marketing
Fiona Melvin-Farr BA (Hons) MCIM Chartered Marketer, Director, Fiona Melvin-Farr Consulting
Download the Marketing Masterclass for Non-Marketers brochure for further details on all the courses in the series.