Date(s) - 06/08/2019
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
ABOUT THIS SESSION:
This workshop gets you started on social media, giving you plans and strategies for developing your research profile online. It covers:
- the basics for setting up Google Scholar, LinkedIn, and Research Gate profiles,
- the basics for working out what to do now you have a Twitter account, and
- provides advice on the challenges of using social media.
- Attendance at this session requires you to have set up a Twitter account.
- Have an updated CV (soft or hard copy) handy for use during the workshop.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
Being savvy with social media is a desired (and increasingly expected) aspect of research engagement and research profile establishment. Using social media well can increase your citations, and lead to approaches from media, industry, and potential collaborators.
All La Trobe University researchers